- Home of the 2013 6-8 Maryland Grid Iron 365 State Champions
- Home of the 2013 Mid Maryland 6-8 National & Federal Champions
- Home of the 2012 7-9, 8-10, 9-11 Maryland Grid Iron 365 State Champions
- Home of the 2012 7-9, 8-10, 9-11 Mid Maryland American Champions
GTOWN Football Family and Friends
Please note that we are actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation. As always, we will place the safety and health of our players, coaches and parents at the forefront of our decision making. As our county moves into Phase II, we are allowed to conduct conditioning activities in compliance with the CDC's and state of Maryland's guidelines.
Conditioning workouts will be held on Saturdays from 12-2 pm at the Germantown Rec Center. Additional weekdays will be added based on coaches availability. These dates will be sent via email and posted here. You may always reach us at Gtownsports@verizon.net.
Stay tuned and always use your best judgement when deciding if and when to go out into the crowds. Please be safe and remember to follow the following recommendations from the CDC related to the virus:
- Avoid close contact with people that are sick
- Do not engage in handshakes- use other noncontact methods of greeting
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Stay home if you have an immune system deficiency
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash
- The cough into the elbow is preferred over coughing into the hand, because your hand gets extended and touches other things continually through the day
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Official Practice will begin on Monday July TBD at 6pm at the Germantown Community Center
Germantown's Online Store
Coming Soon...Visit our online store to purchase GSA fan gear and other items
at your convenience now until TBD. Don't miss the new compression
shirts for football players!! Items purchased will be
delivered before the Opening Game.
Welcome to Germantown Football & Cheer
The Germantown Football Association (GFA) is a non-profit 501(C)3 organization that serves the youth in Germantown and surrounding areas ranging in ages from 5 to 14 years old (football) & 6 to 14 years old (cheerleading). The purpose of our organization is to introduce participants to the fundamentals of football, as well as, assist in the development of discipline, dedication, team work and good sportsmanship, all within a safe and enjoyable atmosphere.
GFA's football program was established in 1999 and has quickly become one of the largest and most successful programs in Montgomery County. Over the past 12 years, our association has been an athletic outlet to over 2,000 area boys and girls. We currently have several former players participating on the high school and college level. Our football program participates in the Mid Maryland Youth Football and Cheer League along with approximately 21 other individual associations, fielding teams from the 5/6 Pit Bull division to the 14u division.
Our program is open to anyone in Montgomery County. Teams are structured by a combination of age, weight and experience. Our home field is located at the Ridge Road Sports Complex off Rt. 355 and Father Hurley Blvd (near the Milestone Community). Practices are also held in Germantown. The season consists of 3-4 exhibition games and at least 9 league games followed by the playoffs. For more information on our program please contact us via email at Gtownsports@Verizon.net or visit our website at GTownSports.net