A-Ball is the next step after T-Ball or occasionally the first year for some boys. In A-Ball the coaches pitch the ball to the hitter. Coaches will continue to develop the players hitting and defensive skills. Catchers will be outfitted in full catchers gear, but players are not allowed to lead off or steal any base.
Trophies are awarded for 1st and 2nd place in the regular season & post season tournament. Medals for 3rd place in the regular season & post season tournament.
Game Schedule: Link
Rules: Link to the rules
Important Dates for the 2018 Season:
- Picture Day is Sunday, April 22nd. You should have received a email with the schedule and order form.
- Opening day is Saturday, April 28th.
- 10 Tipp City Teams
- 4 Bethel Teams
- 1 Troy Christian Team
- We do not play games on Memorial Day Weekend except for the preceding Friday. Please plan accordingly.
- The regular season will end no later than the second week of June.
- Single Elimination Tournament will be played from the 2nd to 4th week of June.
- In 2017, a new event for A Ball was introduced to league. It is called Stars of the Game. We will have 2 games with 4 teams this year. F Minor & F Major began it in 2016. The plan is for the coaches to nominate their top players for the Stars of the Game (total of 40-44 players). We will play the Stars of the Game the final week of June. Tipp City, Troy Christian and Bethel are all eligible. Note: This game is not a try-out for the all-star team. We anticipate selections of the all-star team to be completed prior to these games.
In July, Tipp City Junior Baseball will have an All-Star team to compete in 3 regional tournaments. Tipp City, Troy Christian and Bethel are all eligible.
Brad Rice is the new A Ball Commissioner in 2018. Please feel free to email Brad at ABall4TCJB@gmail.com. Please text Norman May at 937.216.3339 if you are interested in helping in any way.
The maximum allowed bat barrel diameter is 2-1/4" for A Ball. (Posted on 2/26/2016)