- Registration begins on January 1st, 2018
- First executive meeting on February 28th, 2018 (Legion)
- Registration closes on March 25th, 2018
- Rookie night on April 4th, 2018
- Draft Day! April 7th, 2018 at 1pm SHARP! (Legion)
1) You can email your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) You can mail your cheque (no cash) to Tottenham Oldtimers, 6825 3rd Line, Tottenham ON, L0G1W0
3) You can pay in person by cash or cheque at the Legion March 3rd, 17th or 24th between 1pm & 3pm.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Jan 1st: Peter Hayward was the first to Register at 12:05am. Rob Jordan, Al Lacey and Dave Storms were the only others to make it before 12:30am.
Jan 2nd: After registration being open for 24 hours and about 84 days left to sign up, we are already at 11% of the players required to return to 17 teams. We also have 4 rookies in our mix, David Wood, (returning after a multi-year absence), Chris Farah, Derek Eldridge and Allen Ellerby. Welcome to the League fellas.
Jan 4th: Last season we had 15 registrations in the first 4 days; this season we're more than double at 34! The rookie count is at 7 now with Paul Young, Albert Peddle and Mike DiMatteo joining our ranks. Assuming all of our regular P1's come back, we've added 2 new ones to the mix in Dwyer & Wood. This will allow Tito and the Inglorious Batsters to go back to playing the field. Thanks for the bail out last year fellas.
Jan 8th: A week into registration and we're at 40 players. Slightly ahead of last year's pace of 26 registrants after the first week. Thanks to Anthony Masterangelo and Gerrard Traverse for spreading the word of our league to new rookies!
Jan 19th: We have two months left to the close of registration (65 days) and we have 55 people registered already. And good news folks, Matt Frickin' Saunders has signed up for another season! Now its worth coming back.
For anyone having difficulty setting up a new account or figuring our your password from last season, please observe the sign on screen below. The smaller red-circle is where you click to recover your password. The larger one will walk you through the steps of creating a new account.
Finally! Registration is open!
There were a number of changes in the off-season, here are a few of note.
- Starting in 2019 (next season) all pitchers new to TOT will be required to wear facial protection.
- Defensive players can now tag a player out at home (you can still touch the plate if the runner is beyond the commitment line)
- All players are required to wear a helmet from the batters box to 1st base.
- There are no longer P2's assigned to each team. If your P1 is unavailable, you'll be given the option of a sub, regardless of the number of players you have.
The biggest change of course is the helmet. The League will be supplying two helmets per team, which means that there will be 4 helmets at each game should players chose to wear them all the way around the bases. However people are beginning to get out and buy their own helmets. I know as many as a dozen people so far who have gotten their own new lid in the off-season.
That's a picture of my new helmet. I know, its super cool. The only thing that you should ask when you buy one is whether its safety rated. I can't imagine that any helmet at a sports store wouldn't be, but it won't hurt ask. Mine is a Rawlings, I'm not saying that its because its what they wear in MLB, but it can't hurt, right? And to be fair, of everything I've read on helmets, which is a lot, Easton consistently comes out with the best safety reviews.
If you want to send in a picture of your helmet, we'll post them here. Also, I'm thinking we should start pimping out helmets and have fun with this. Here's a couple of examples.
Okay, maybe they don't need to be quite so angry, but you get what I mean.