Season Offered: Spring & Fall Season
This program is like no other. Safety is our number one concern where a 10 inch Incrediball is used (a “softer” version softball). Teams are kept small, we try to keep each team at 8 players per team, guaranteeing each child 100% playing time, minimizing any standing or sitting around. Additionally, the players will get more individual coaching time, focused on learning the fundamentals. Smaller teams will also allow players to receive several at bats per game – their favorite thing at this age! Teams play a form of CalBall where the coach pitches a few times to the batter and if the player does not hit the ball, the ball is placed on a Tee. We have found this to move the games along faster and is more exciting than T-ball. This is softball at a higher success rate in terms of fun, skill development, and player retention. Players/parents will be contacted by their coach mid-March for the Spring Season, and by the last week in August for the Fall season. and the Spring league play typically runs through the second week in June. Games are not scored and there are no team win/loss records – all players are winners!
Tryouts/Placements: Tryouts and/or placements are not required at this age.
Cost: $80 softball plus annual $85 CAC Family fee
· Spring: April thru Mid June Fall: mid-August thru October
· Spring: One weeknight practice and One Saturday game per week.
Fall: Weeknight practice and Sunday afternoon game
· Practices: Crofton Middle School
· Games: Teams will play games in the NCCGSL league
Fall Games: Teams will play games in the NCCGSL league
- Glove – Sball Commissioner recommends a beginner glove that has 1 or 2 cutouts on the side of the palm. Jennie Finch Mizuno Glove is an example, must be large enough to easily hold the ball inside and your daughter can close the glove.
Uniform: T-Shirt, socks and visor - Provided by CAC