Ages: 11 and 12 years Those born in the years 2008 & 2008
Season Offered: Spring and Fall Season
Girls continue to compete in the North County Competitive Girls Fastpitch Softball League. Pitchers and catchers become increasingly important. Girls transitions to the larger 12 inch ball and the pitching distance is extended to 40’. In addition, players are now allowed to steal home, the dropped 3rd strike and infield fly rules are also in effect. Pitching logs are required and teams play a 12-14 game regular season culminating in a season ending two week elimination tournament. For more information about schedules, rules, standings, and directions to county fields, please visit the North County Site: www.nccgsl.org.
It is a requirement of the NCCGSL league for programs to have parity in its teams, both in age and ability. Therefore, some coach or player-matching requests may not be honored.
Spring Season: Cost $135 softball + $100 CAC Family fee
Spring Season Time Commitment:
• Mid/late March thru Late June
• Practices and Games: 1-2x weeknights plus Saturdays; Weekday and Frequency determined by coach
• Optional Winter Clinics start in January
• Games: Half in Crofton, Half in Mid and Northern Anne Arundel County
Fall Season: Cost $TBD
Fall Season Time Commitment:
• mid-August through end of October
• Practices: Weekday and Frequency are determined by the coach
• Games: Sundays at 1 pm or 3 pm; Half in Crofton, Half in Middle to Northern Anne Arundel County
• Rubber Cleats
• Infielder's Face mask are STRONGLY recommended, but not mandatory
• Bringing your own batting helmet is recommended for health and safety reasons, though CAC can provide upon request. Be sure that NOCSAE symbol is on the helmet and it has a facemask.
Spring Uniform: Jersey, pants, socks and visor are provided
Fall Uniform: Jersey, pants, socks and visor - Provided by CAC