APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR 2018 IIHF GLOBAL GIRLS' GAME IN ONTARIO
Hockey NL is now accepting applications from players hoping to represent the province/branch at the 2018 Global Girls' Game in Ontario.
On March 11th, the Ontario Women’s Hockey Association (OWHA) will host the Canadian component of the 2018 IIHF Global Girls' Game in partnership with Hockey Canada and the International Ice Hockey Federation. The Global Girls' Game is a worldwide celebration of female hockey and the OWHA is inviting two players from each Hockey Canada branch to be a part of the event. Hockey NL has been granted 2 spots for the event (1 defence, 1 forward) eligible NL players are from the Bantam Female House League division(s). A $500.00 travel subsidy will be provided to each NL player, any other costs are the responsibility of the player(s).
The Canadian segment of the Global Girls' Game will take place on Sunday, March 11, 2018 at the Iceland Arena in Mississauga. A forward and a defenceman from Newfoundland & Labrador will be selected to represent the province at the event. Please see below for the application form and more information.
SEE BELOW FOR FURTHER INFORMATION & EVENT APPLICATION
- The Ontario Women’s Hockey Association (OWHA) is hosting the 2018 Global Game in cooperation with Hockey Canada.
- The Canada segment of the Global Game will take place on Sunday, March 11th, 2018 at the Iceland Arena in Mississauga, ON at 5:30 pm Eastern time.
- The Global Game festivities will take place throughout the weekend with players arriving Saturday, March 10th, 2018 and departing the morning on Monday, March 12th, 2018.
- 2 teams of 20 players for a total of 40 players (12 forwards, 6 defence and 2 goaltenders per team).
- Each Province (branch) are invited to send 2 players for a total of 20 players. (HNL 1 D & 1F)
- The OWHA will bring in the other 20 players from around the province of Ontario and will fill other spots as needed.
- Players will be mixed with the goal of creating similar caliber and a mix of girls from various parts of Canada.
- Team Staff will be 1 Head Coach, 2 Assistant Coaches, 1 Trainer/Therapist and 1 Manager.
- All will be qualified and screened females with OWHA/Team Canada alumni involved.
- Teams will be monitored based on a quota of 1 screened adult to 5 players.
- Team staff will be briefed prior to arrival of players on risk management, emergency action
- plan and logistics.
Covered by Hockey NL:
- $500.00 travel subsidy will be provided to each NL player, any other costs are the responsibility of the player(s).
The OWHA will cover the following expenses:
- Ground transportation for players between airport and hotel as well as to and from scheduled activities.
- Meals – lunch & dinner on Saturday, 3 meals Sunday, breakfast on Monday.
- Activity Costs – costs related to game, skills session, etc.
- Global Game ‐ Jerseys and Socks – players will keep these as a souvenir.
PLAYER SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Encourage a focus on positive values and good citizenship in the selection process as it meets the goals of the activity and the positive messaging for Female Hockey world‐
- Age Group – Bantam age (Players born 2003 and 2004)
- Hockey NL positions – Hockey NL has been allocated two positions for the game (1 defence, 1 forward).
APPLICATION PROCESS (2 STEPS):
- Registered female players from Hockey NL born in 2003 and 2004 who play on a female team are eligible to apply (Bantam House League).
- Two players will be selected to attend the Global Game.
- A selection committee comprised of Hockey NL volunteers will select the two players to attend the Global Game through a draw process.
- EVENT APPLICATION - CLICK HERE *Send completed application to email@example.com
- STEP 1 - Application Form
Applicants must complete and submit the application form by February 9th, 2018
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION FORM *Please submit completed application form and essay to firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 2 - Essay
Applicants must also submit along with their application form a one page essay (250-300 words) by February 9th, 2018 outlining to the selection committee why you are a deserving individual and should be selected to represent Hockey NL at the 2018 Global Game