LPGBA is a Jr. NBA Member Organization
The Jr. NBA Philosphy
I pledge to support the Jr. NBA Philosophy of teaching the fundamentals of basketball and using the sport to instill core character values. The pillars of the Jr. NBA presented by Under Armour include:
- FUNdamentals – Teaching basic basketball skill development in a positive, encouraging and fun environment is rewarding for all involved
- Hard Work – Emphasizing how to compete – with a focus on working hard and competing to the best of your ability – is more important than the outcome of games won and lost
- Respect – Exhibiting a positive attitude toward players, coaches, parents, officials and teammates is how we honor the game and each other
- Sportsmanship – Playing the right way, the Jr. NBA Way, is centered on fair, ethical and honest competition
- Teamwork – Working together in a supportive manner for a common goal fosters positive social and personal development
- Healthy Living – Exercising regularly benefits both mind and body – leading to better health outcomes, greater energy levels, and enhanced classroom performance
I pledge to play the “The Jr. NBA Way” promoting the positive development of young people through basketball, helping to instill a lifelong passion for the game, and following the Jr. NBA Philosophy.
Disclaimer: THE JR. NBA, NBA, AND NBA PROPERTIES DO NOT IN ANY WAY CONTROL OR OPERATE THE ACTIVITIES OF ANY JR. NBA LEAGUE OR TEAM.
Inaugural LPGBA Jr. NBA Skills Challenge
LPGBA Local Skills Challenge Winners
Jr. NBA Regional Skills Challenge
LPGBA is also a member of the