2018 Rochester Lady Lions Open Team
Head Coach: Matt Moroz Cell: 585-905-8728
5757 Wishing Well Lane
Farmington, NY 14425
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Team Website: http://www.leaguelineup.com/miscinfo.asp?menuid=35&url=rochesterladylions&sid=264534537
Team Priorities and Focus
1. The most important thing that is the first priority is that the girls are having fun in a competitive manner and growing as young women while building friendships and camaraderie while participating in a team sport.
2. The second is for the player/your daughter to grow from a developmental standpoint and takeaway some new skills to allow them to grow their game for school or college.
3. When we get to this level, safety and winning are a great combination. We want to be competitive on the field and also finish each game without injury. Player development and safety are always number one over winning at all odds.
1. I believe that most of the girls know my coaching style and for those that are new to the team, I want all the girls to have fun while they play.
2. The girls are at the age to where they know what they need to do to get warmed up and they will be on their own for that. Once the game time starts, then I will take over managing the team.
3. Most of our girls are in college, so practices will be limited. We have some opportunities for players that are local to practice with either the 18U or 16U teams during the winter to get reps in and stay sharp. Once college and school ball is over we can get together for some hitting and fielding. (Additional Cost for Training with other Teams)
4. For the girls that are playing in college, they will get all the reps they need in the fall and after a few months off, they will begin again after January 1st.
5. Practices will be limited until all play is over for the school seasons and then based on players schedules off the field as Summer begins.
My expectations are simple:
1. Young Ladies have Fun
2. Respect Your Teammates & Family Members
3. Respect other Players, Coaches, and Umpires on the Field
4. Represent the Uniform that you wear as you are representing the Rochester Lady Lions Organization
5. Be Patient with me as this is my first year of running the whole team and coaching
6. Finding a parent or too to assist for game days!
7. Last, help recruit a few more players as Hannah cannot pitch every game by herself!
2018 Season Schedule
I am working with the Tournament Directors and finalizing dates for the tournaments so that you know plenty of time ahead for time off of work and other activities. This is subject to change:
If Holiday breaks arrive, if we have enough players we can see about renting some cage time locally if we have enough players to take part. Contact me if you would like to participate in practice in November/December with 16U or 18U. (Additional costs paid directly to the coach hosting the practice)
Midlakes Open Tournament June 9th/10th
Homerun Softball Open Tournament- Dates TBD
Can-Am Watertown-July 27th-29th= I have begun to work on finding a hotel for all of us, details to follow…
Fourth Tournament depends on how many players we have and if the girls are available/and want to play an additional tournament/ Open to discussion…
Midlakes Five Week Summer League Plus Two Weeks for Playoffs
Typically begins around Father’s Day and runs till end of July to Beginning of August
· $400 Per Player
· Jerseys, Bags, Helmets, Socks, Belts, Pants are additional costs to each player
· If you can find sponsorship for you/or your daughter from local businesses, they can offset your cost (Ask me for more details)
· Each Player will get a practice jersey (Team covering this cost)
· A $200 Check Down Payment is need from each player
· I need to order new equipment for the girls, so payments need to be in as soon as possible.