Macy Baxter - Canandaigua Academy 2018
Leaha Eidman - St. John Fisher College 2020
Hannah Lang- Mynderse Academy 2018
Ciera Moroz - Houghton College 2021
Elizabeth Penders- Pavilion School District 2018
Amanda Rose - Nazareth College 2021
Kayla Smith - Rochester Institute of Technology 2020
Katie Sylvester - Notre Dame 2020
Chantel Truitt - Finger Lakes Community College 2021
Jillian Carley - St. John Fisher College 2021
Tempest Torres - Niagara Community College 2021
Michele DiNicola - Corning Community College 2021
Olivia Warren - Eastern Nazarene College 2021
Coach Matt Moroz
*Still looking for a couple of players that are interested in playing either full time or part time*
2018 Rochester Lady Lions Open Team
Head Coach: Matt Moroz Cell: 585-905-8728
5757 Wishing Well Lane
Farmington, NY 14425
Team Priorities and Focus
1. The most important thing that is the first priority is that the girls are having fun in a competitive manner and growing as young women while building friendships and camaraderie while participating in a team sport.
2. The second is for the player/your daughter to grow from a developmental standpoint and takeaway some new skills to allow them to grow their game for school or college.
3. When we get to this level, safety and winning are a great combination. We want to be competitive on the field and also finish each game without injury. Player development and safety are always number one over winning at all odds.
1. I believe that most of the girls know my coaching style and for those that are new to the team, I want all the girls to have fun while they play.
2. The girls are at the age to where they know what they need to do to get warmed up and they will be on their own for that. Once the game time starts, then I will take over managing the team.
3. Most of our girls are in college, so practices will be limited. We have some opportunities for players that are local to practice with either the 18U or 16U teams during the winter to get reps in and stay sharp. Once college and school ball is over we can get together for some hitting and fielding. (Additional Cost for Training with other Teams)
4. For the girls that are playing in college, they will get all the reps they need in the fall and after a few months off, they will begin again after January 1st.
5. Practices will be limited until all play is over for the school seasons and then based on players schedules off the field as Summer begins.
My expectations are simple:
1. Young Ladies have Fun
2. Respect Your Teammates & Family Members
3. Respect other Players, Coaches, and Umpires on the Field
4. Represent the Uniform that you wear as you are representing the Rochester Lady Lions Organization
5. Be Patient with me as this is my first year of running the whole team and coaching
6. Finding a parent or two to assist for game days!
7. Last, help recruit a few more players if needed!
2018 Season Schedule
I have completed sending in all paperwork for tournaments and you can find them below. I am contemplating one more tournament in Buffalo, if the girls are willing to play another tournament in July. This is subject to change!
If Holiday breaks arrive, if we have enough players we can see about renting some cage time locally if we have enough players to take part. Contact me if you would like to participate in practice in November/December with 16U or 18U. (Additional costs paid directly to the coach hosting the practice)
Midlakes Open Tournament June 9th/10th Confirmed
Greater Buffalo NSA National Qualifiers Tournament July 13th-15th-Waiting on Confirmation
Can-Am Watertown-July 27th-29th Confirmed, hotel reservations will be coming soon…
Fourth Tournament depends on how many players we have and if the girls are available/and want to play an additional tournament/ Open to discussion…
Midlakes Five Week Summer League Plus Two Weeks for Playoffs-Confirmed
Typically begins around Father’s Day and runs till end of July to Beginning of August
· $400 Per Player
· Jerseys, Bags, Helmets, Socks, Belts, Pants are additional costs to each player
· If you can find sponsorship for you/or your daughter from local businesses, they can offset your cost (Ask me for more details)
· Each Player will get a practice jersey (Team covering this cost)