PBC SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
We annually provide a one-time scholarship grant to one or two eligible high school seniors who best meet the Selection Criteria below. The award is usually announced and awarded at the winners' high school senior or sports awards night.
For the 2017-2018 school year, we are now accepting applications. The deadline is February 15, 2018.
The Scholarship Application is completed online - select FORMS on the main menu, then ONLINE FORMS, then scroll to the Scholarship Application under Online Forms on the left menu.
ELIGIBILITY - to be eligible for consideration, the applicant must meet all three eligibility requirements:
1. Membership. Applicant shall have participated a minimum of four years for the Pasadena Baseball Club.
2. Grade Point Average. Applicant shall have a GPA of 2.5 or better on 4.0 scale during their high school career.
3. Enrollment. Applicant shall be enrolled as a full-time student in a college, university, or vocational school for the fall semester following high school graduation.
Proof of GPA and student enrollment is not required at the time of submission, but the Club reserves the right to request proof from applicant upon selection and prior to receiving the award.
SELECTION - to be selected, the applicant will be evaluated against other eligible applicants in these five areas:
1. Participation. Applicant shall be evaluated on the number of years he/she participated in the Pasadena Baseball Club (or former organizations).
2. Contribution. Applicant shall be evaluated on the contribution he/she made to the operation of the Club besides mere participation.
3. Academics. Applicant shall be evaluated on the quality of his/her academic record.
4. Athletics & Activities. Applicant shall be evaluated on his/her participation in high school athletics or other activities.
5. Short Essay. Applicant shall be evaluated on the content and quality of his/her written essay.
PAST SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
2011 - Robert Engel and Shane Degreenia
2007 - Chris Henry
2006 - Mike Demarest, Matt Friesen, and Bryan Woolford
2005 - Matt Moylan and Steve Grenagle
2004 - Tommy Henry and Sherri Hayes
2003 - Theresa Sparklin
We encourage all seniors to search for additional scholarship and grant opportunities. Here are a few that we are aware of.
- Northeast Athletic Boosters - http://www.leaguelineup.com/northeastboosters
- Havenwood Girls Softball - http://www.leaguelineup.com/havenwoodgirlssoftball
- Maryland Senatorial Scholarship - http://www.mhec.state.md.us/financialAid/ProgramDescriptions/prog_senatorial.asp.
- Maryland Delegate Scholarship - http://www.mhec.state.md.us/financialAid/ProgramDescriptions/prog_delegate.asp.
PBC ALUMNI IN COLLEGE OR PROS
Former Pasadena Baseball Club players who have played baseball in college or the pros. If you know any players who can be listed here, or have updated information, please email email@example.com.
- Tyler Blake - Anne Arundel Community College
- Glynn Davis - Baltimore Orioles minor leagues (Bowie Baysox)
- Tyler Drinkard - Neumann University, Anne Arundel Community College, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Earl Geoghegan - Dundalk Community College
- Chris Henry - Salisbury University
- John Hodges - Dundalk Community College
- Jason Jones - Washington Nationals minor leagues ( Harrisburg Senators), Liberty College
- Chris Moore - Dundalk Community College
- Rich Porohnavi - Wallace State University
- Josh Rickman - Catonsville Community College
- Chorye Spoone - Baltimore Orioles minor leagues (Norfolk Tides)
- Jesse Wiggington - Webber International University, Dundalk Community College
- Bryan Woolford - Wilmington University, Chesapeake College