- WORK HARD
- PLAY FAIR
- HAVE FUN
2020 SPRING SEASON CANCELED
After careful consideration, the Board of Directors of Pasadena Baseball Club has canceled the Spring 2020 season. While we had hoped to be able to get the kids on the field for a modified Spring/ Summer schedule, we do not feel that is in the cards for us at this time. As a community based volunteer organization, this decision was not an easy one. For both our baseball families and our league as a whole, we have set up the following refund options for Spring 2020 registration fees:
1. Have your entire Spring 2020 registration fee carried over to either of the next 2 Pasadena Baseball sponsored seasons at the rate that was paid for Spring 2020.
2. Have your registration fee for Spring 2020 refunded by check, minus a $25 administrative credit. This $25 credit will be able to be used towards registration for either of the next 2 Pasadena Baseball sponsored seasons. Registration fees paid in Spring 2020 will not be locked in for this option.
To claim your refund for Spring 2020, please email Jim Knipple at email@example.com. Each refund will have to be processed individually. Please be patient. If you request your refund, it will be sent to you as soon as possible.
TRAVEL TEAMS FOR 2020
Travel Teams are still using the previous age determination date of May 1 (age on April 30, 2020).
- 8U-Gold, Michael Tewey
- 9U-Gold, Matt Dixon - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10U-Gold, Steve Kendall - email@example.com
- 11U-Gold, Doug Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11U-Black, Matt Dixon - email@example.com
- 12U-Gold, Paul Hilton - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12U-Black, Jesse Pratt - email@example.com
- 13U-Gold, Adam Bolling - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 13U-Black, Dan Summers - email@example.com
- 14U-Gold, Adam Bolling - firstname.lastname@example.org
AGE CHANGE AND BAT RULE, for Clinic & Intramural Only
Age Determination - Reminder that beginning with the 2018 Fall season and the 2019 Spring season, the age of a player in Clinic or Intramural league will be determined by the player's age on August 31. For the 2020 spring season, the date is August 31, 2020. This matches national youth baseball organizations such as Little League, PONY, and Babe Ruth, and part of an effort to make all the divisions younger on average, and equivalent to school grade ages.
Bat Rule - We will also be following the same national youth baseball organizations who have adopted USA Baseball's bat program. This is an effort to have metal and composite bats better simulate wood bat performance. Non-wood bats will have to have a USABat certification sticker. Go to www.usabat.com for a complete list of approved bats. For each division, the bat rule will be:
- 4-5U and 6U - recommended
- 7-8U, 9-10U, and 11-12U - REQUIRED
- 13-15U - optional (BBCOR still allowed)
- 16-18U - not applicable (BBCOR)
FLAGPOLE PROJECT - Seeking Sponsors
The new flagpole has FINALLY been installed! We plan to have a dedication ceremony on Opening Day, or if necessary, at some point later in the season. We will also be installing a permanent dedication marker/monument as part of the flagpole.
We are still looking for sponsors to help us offset the cost of the pole, its installation, and surrounding landscaping. If you wish to help out, please consider one of the following donation levels:
- $100 - recognition on our website, from the time we receive the contribution, up to one year after dedication of the flagpole.
- $250 - same as $100, plus their business name engraved on the permanent metal marker to be installed near the flagpole.
- $500 - same as $250, but the engraving in a larger font size on the same marker.
Donations of any amount can be made electronically on this website under SPONSORS on the left menu. If you have questions, or want to make a contribution in person, please contact email@example.com.
JOIN THE CLUB
Your registration fee was actually a membership fee - and with that membership you get the right to help your Club and community to be the best that it can be. And if it isn't the best it can be, its probably only because you haven't taken full advantage of your membership rights.
So please - we are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS looking for volunteers.
* ALL Board members, managers, and coaches must complete a background investigation by Rec & Parks - see Coaches Info for more details.