- Welcome to Orland Park, Boy Scout Troop 318.
Welcome to the home of
OA Nishnabec and Gawi meeting
The Order of the Arrow Nishnabec and Gawi Chapters will be combining in 2019.
The two chapters will meet on October 21 at 3pm. This meeting will be at St Andrew United Methodist Church - Fellowship Hall. 18850 Riegel Rd, Homewood IL. You will want to enter from the South entrance (past the church on Riegel)
At this meeting -
- We will elect a new Chapter Name and symbol
- We will elect a new set of Chapter Officers to start on January 1
- There will be Pizza
Troop 318 makes up the largest collection of OA members in our Chapter. We need to come out to support our Chapter. Please try to make it if you can.
To sign up for this event - click here to fill this form out.
Jamboree on the Internet is Oct 19-21, Meeting at MVCC
Jamboree-on-the-Internet (JOTI) is an annual international Scouting event sponsored by the World Organization of the Scout Movement.
Each year, during the third weekend in October, Scouts from around the world gather online to learn about other cultures and the activities in which other Scouts participate. They communicate with each other using Internet-enabled devices such as computers, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
Last year, JOTA-JOTI had over 1.5 million Scouts and leaders participate in more than 160 countries!
Our Troop is registered under the name Troop 318, Pathway to Adventure Council BSA for this year's Jamboree on October 19-21.
The troop's event will be at Moraine Valley Community College in Palos Hills. The building and room number is being finalized.
You will be able to participate on your own, but we ask you have someone take a picture of you with class A or B on while participating and email those to Mr Akai - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to participate here: https://www.leaguelineup.com/formpreview.asp?url=bstroop318&formid=130749&pre=1
You can learn all about JOTI through these important links:
- JOTI/JOTA main page
- Participant's Guide
- The Jambo Map - which is clickable and accessible now
- ScoutLink is a global, non-profit organisation that aims to connect Scouts and Guides from all over the world. Among the ways they do that is with a Minecraft server
- JOTI TV - The official video channel for JOTI
- JamPuz (Jamboree Puzzle) - Our JamPuz ID is 6US47K
- JOTI/JOTA Trading Post where you can find all sorts of items for the Jambo.
- We will order patches from the local scout shop for participants which look like the BSA image at the top of this article.
- Participation in the JOTI is part of earning the BSA International Spirit Award and can be used as part of the Citizenship in the World Merit badge.
- Don't forget - you need to earn or recharge your Cyber Chip!
If you have any questions, please be sure to ask Mr Akai or Ms Reitz!
Weekend/Campout permission form -BSA Medical form Part A & B.
Patrol Roster updated - May 8, 2018
The new Patrol Roster is up with our new SPL and all the positions listed.
The Scout bucks, Patrol Roster and Contact information for Merit Badge Counselors is in the Password Protected Troop/Roster page (Pages--Troop/Patrol Roster)
The two other Merit Badge lists - Merit Badges with Supporting Counselors and Merit Badge Counselors with their Merit Badges - are on the Merit Badge Information page (Pages--Merit Badge Information)
Troop 318 on Shutterfly
Want a high resolution copy of photos taken at our events - visit our private Shutterfly Share site.
Create a free account (If you are not already a member).
Click the "Ask" button and send us a message - we will approve you if you are a Troop 318 member!
2018 Camp Ransburg - Troop 318 Scouts
2018 Camp Ransburg - Troop 318 Scouts & Adults
|OA Nishnabec and Gawi meeting|
|Jamboree on the Internet is Oct 19-21, Meeting at MVCC|
|Troop 318 Annual ReCharter Form - 2018|
|Troop 318 Handbook - 2016|
|Weekend/Campout permission form -BSA Medical form Part A & B.|